The Water Cooler

Not just another whiny liberal blog.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

An Extended Hiatus

My god, is it summer already? Looks like I've fallen down on the job. Once again like a phoenix, The Water Cooler aches to rise from the ashes. However, the author has become enmeshed in life. Lets call it a hiatus even though we may be kidding ourselves.

As a young boy, I was in love with a short-lived television show called Misfits of Science. It was a mid-80s stab at the now-tired X-Men gimmick that featured Courtney Cox before she became Alex P. Keaton's second serious girlfriend. For some reason, it was appointment television to this little guy. One day it went away and I was crushed. In a desperate search for any explanation, I came across a fleeting reference to the show and how it was placed on temporary hiatus. "Hiatus" was not a word that I'd encountered before, so I ran to the dictionary. My heart soared when I learned that my show was on a break and (according to Webster) would someday return. I'm still waiting for that someday.

Thanks to anybody who ever read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home